Sunday, April 13, 2008

Road to Nowhere


Today I wanted to get out, to explore, to see new sights and experience new things. I had decided to take today and tomorrow and do whatever I wanted to, within legal limits of course. Once I left the house I stopped by the ATM machine, filled up the Jeep, and hit the road. All I could see in front of me was my very own utopia. I was going to drive back up to the mountains where I lived for many years. Drive by a couple of lakes that I knew well. And even drive by some of my old stomping grounds. Then it occurred to me, what’s new about that?? Why should I spend my free time exploring the old terrain when I was yearning for something new? The whole idea was to get out and free my mind, but instead I’m just driving around in circles. Plus I really needed to pee. So instead of wasting so much time on scenic reruns, I decided to head home. Next time I decide to be spontaneous, I really should plan better. Perhaps I’ll plan a trip to the Pennsylvania Amish country. I’ve wanted to see that anyway.

No comments: