Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday!!


About a week ago I hopped on my trusty bathroom scale to observe my weight loss, and to my surprise my new weight was 217 lbs. What?? Last week I didn’t even weigh 200 lbs let alone 217 lbs! You would think that I’d notice a substantial weight gain like that in such a short period of time, but my clothes didn’t seem any tighter than before and none of my coworkers called me a fat ass either. So I get off the scale, wait until it resets itself, and then get back on. Now I weigh 223 lbs. Wow! That last breath of air must have been loaded with carbs, and Dr. Atkins never said anything about limiting your oxygen intake. So once again I get off the scale, let it reset itself and then get back on. Now my weight is 239 lbs. WTF?? So my obvious conclusion is that my scale is broken.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I received some gift cards for my purchasing pleasure. How sad is it that the first thing I buy is a brand new bathroom scale. You have to love the irony in that as I get older, I went for what I needed instead of what I wanted. When I was younger that would have never happened. I would have blown all the money and have nothing to show for it. Now I buy household items that I need. I also bought weed killer, but I left the underwear for another purchase. Gotta spread the fun out you know…

No comments: