Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Corporate Rebel

Once again I was chided for crossing the street against the light today, and once again, it was so clear that I could have literally crawled across all four lanes blindfolded without any fear of being hit by a car. I’m starting to view myself as the corporate rebel because I say, “Damn the ‘Don’t Walk’ signs!” I’m a big boy now and can choose when to cross the street. “Damn the 8:00am start time!” If I get stuck in traffic and get to work 10 minutes late, the world will not stop revolving, I promise. “Damn being stuck in a windowless building all day!” Hell, if I want to know what the weather is outside, I have to look it up on the web! And, “Damn these small, depressing, work cubicles!” Seriously, just damn these damn things. They have a way of sucking the energy right out of you.

No comments: